Happy Mystery Monday! Who did we find enjoying the summer morning dew by Emily's Play Garden? Last week, we asked you about lespedeza or silky bush clover (Lespedeza cuneata). Lespedeza is considered invasive because it is non-native and forms dense patches in meadows and forest edges outcompeting native plants. This invasive lespedeza tends to have white blooms with purple centers. There is a ... [Continue Story]
Food and Garden Highlights
Happy Mystery Monday! What non-native woody forb is flowering now? Last week, we asked you about flowering spurge (Euphorbia corollata)! Flowering ... [Continue Story]
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Do You Know What Native Flower is Blooming?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Caterpillar Did We Find on the Passionflower?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Fuzzy Critter Did We Find?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Do You Know What Plant this Flower Bud Belongs to?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Plant is Blooming in Our Wetland?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Plant is Growing Around our Wetland?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Herbaceous Perennial is Blooming?
- Mid-Shore Food: They’re Now Eating Sprouts in Annapolis
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Do You Know What Native Plant Blooms from the Top Down?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Flower is Blooming in our Parking Lot Alive! Gardens?
I could not think of a better cook for Black History Month this month. Matthew Raiford, from coastal Georgia, has written an impressive cookbook. ... [Continue Story]
Old Wye Mill is now offering for sale flour made from einkorn -- an ancient grain that is delicious for baking and low in gluten. The einkorn is ... [Continue Story]
- LYON RUM Named Best Craft Rum Distillery 2021
- Chesapeake Harvest (a project of the EEDC) Launches New Website
- USRC and Regional Partners Announce Micro Ag Recipients
- New UM Extension Program Offers Virtual Tour of a Local Dairy Farm
- Centreville – A Maryland Makers Event Returns to Downtown Centreville
- Mid-Shore Foods: Out of the Fire Starts Web Market
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Its Delicate and Vibrant Yellow Flowers
- Centreville Farmers’ Market Hosts Live Market & Sunday Brunch September 27th
- Sweet: Chestertown Farmers’ Market Comes Back to Downtown July 4
- American Legion Post 246 Offers a New Home to FarmersWagon.org