Happy Mystery Monday! It's World Turtle Day, so we're celebrating with a turtle-themed mystery! Which prehistoric looking turtle did we find searching for a suitable location to lay her eggs? Last week, we asked you about the adult antlion (family Myrmeleontidae). There are eight species of antlions recorded in Maryland, though there are over 2,000 species in the world. This antlion is likely ... [Continue Story]
Food and Garden Highlights
Happy Mystery Monday! What insect did we find? They are better known for their larval stage, in which they have a unique way of catching their ... [Continue Story]
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Shrub is Blooming White Now?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Shrub is Blooming Now?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Tree is Blooming Now?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What has mottled Leaves in the Woods
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Oppositely-branched tree is Flowering Now?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What’s Named for the Color of its Sap?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Springs Ephemeral in Our Woods?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Ethereal Organism is Found in our Parking Lots Gardens?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Grows on American Beech Trees?
- Rooted Wisdom: Learning History from Nature at Adkins
I was hustling through the grocery store the other day, picking up last minute essentials for dinner, when something new caught my eye in the cracker ... [Continue Story]
Old Wye Mill is now offering for sale flour made from einkorn -- an ancient grain that is delicious for baking and low in gluten. The einkorn is ... [Continue Story]
- LYON RUM Named Best Craft Rum Distillery 2021
- Chesapeake Harvest (a project of the EEDC) Launches New Website
- USRC and Regional Partners Announce Micro Ag Recipients
- New UM Extension Program Offers Virtual Tour of a Local Dairy Farm
- Centreville – A Maryland Makers Event Returns to Downtown Centreville
- Mid-Shore Foods: Out of the Fire Starts Web Market
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Its Delicate and Vibrant Yellow Flowers
- Centreville Farmers’ Market Hosts Live Market & Sunday Brunch September 27th
- Sweet: Chestertown Farmers’ Market Comes Back to Downtown July 4
- American Legion Post 246 Offers a New Home to FarmersWagon.org