It might be hard to believe, but the St. Michaels Farmers Market turns 25 years old this year. The brainchild of Ann Yonkers of Pot Pie Farm in Whitman (who also co-founded the FreshFarm markets in DC), the St. Michaels market has found a unique niche for itself during those years as the only producer-only farmers market on the Eastern Shore. While the market has grown in popularity and the ... [Continue Story]
Food and Garden Highlights
Happy Mystery Monday! Do you know what caterpillar we found on the golden alexanders (Zizia aurea)? Last week, we highlighted common sneezeweed ... [Continue Story]
- Adkins Mystery Monday: A Bright and Cheery Plant
- Adkins Mystery Monday: It Produces Seed Pods that Stick Like Velcro
- Adkins Mystery Monday: A Shrub with Devilish Features?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Shrub is Blooming Now?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: We are Seeing a lot of these Fruit Lately…
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What is this Ethereal Critter?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Plant Makes this Mature Fruit?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Tree Produces this Fruit?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What is Found in this Tall Grass?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What is This Showy Plant?
We almost always have a big bowl of green apples sitting on the kitchen counter. I tend to buy green apples, and that is the way I think of them, ... [Continue Story]
- Food Friday: The End of Summer
- Food Friday: Let’s Begin with a Little Baking
- Food Friday: Summer Squash
- Food Friday: Getting Organized
- Food Friday: Road Trip!
- Food Friday: More Than S’Mores
- Food Friday: Seasonal Salsa
- Food Friday: Watermelon and Summer
- Food Friday: Celebrating June
- Food Friday: Chicken Improv
New website focused on helping growers meet their produce safety needs, from soil to sale! The Easton Economic Development Corporation is ... [Continue Story]
- USRC and Regional Partners Announce Micro Ag Recipients
- New UM Extension Program Offers Virtual Tour of a Local Dairy Farm
- Centreville – A Maryland Makers Event Returns to Downtown Centreville
- Mid-Shore Foods: Out of the Fire Starts Web Market
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Its Delicate and Vibrant Yellow Flowers
- Centreville Farmers’ Market Hosts Live Market & Sunday Brunch September 27th
- Sweet: Chestertown Farmers’ Market Comes Back to Downtown July 4
- American Legion Post 246 Offers a New Home to FarmersWagon.org
- The Eastern Shore Food Lab’s Bill Schindler Leads Oct. 3 Talbot County Talk
- Family Fun Day to Feature Hayrides, Live Music, Games and More!