Happy 2021! We are pleased to kick off 2021 with a Mystery Monday! This tree is known for its unique bark and showy lenticels, which help with gas exchange. Thanks for following our 2020 mysteries! Last week, we highlighted the buds of the flowering dogwood, Cornus florida. These buds are particularly rounded and tear drop shaped. The flower buds will open before the leaf buds in the ... [Continue Story]
Food and Garden Highlights
Many of you guessed last week's mystery as the Christmas fern (such timing)! Christmas fern is so named because it remains evergreen during the ... [Continue Story]
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Green in the Winter
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Distinct Stripes on the Forest Floor
- Adkins Mystery Monday: It’s Delicate and has Fronds
- Adkins Mystery Monday: It has a Unique Bark and Creamy
- Adkins Mystery Monday: One Sweet Tree
- Adkins Arboretum’s Mystery Monday: Critter with Color Variations and Short Time
- Shore Food: A Master of Cakes Opens Up in Easton
- COVID Makes New Partners with the Avalon, Tidewater Inn, and Wylder Tilghman Island
- It’s a Family Affair (and Farm) by Val Cavalheri
- Spy Diner: Cambridge Foodie World Lives On
How are all your New Year’s resolutions holding up? Are you still walking 10,000 steps a day? Are you still eschewing alcohol (this has been a tough ... [Continue Story]
- Food Friday: Comfort Zone
- Food Friday: Keep it Simple in 2021
- Food Friday: Cozy Up!
- Food Friday: Home for the Duration
- Food Friday: The Stuff of Dreams
- Food Friday: Happy Thanksgiving!
- Food Friday: Take Sides!
- Food Friday: Let the Thanksgiving Plans Begin
- Food Friday: We Say Potato
- Food Friday: The Succor of Squash
It's one thing to say that restaurants are getting creative during this era of COVID, but it's another to see a great example of this phenomenon. So ... [Continue Story]
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Its Delicate and Vibrant Yellow Flowers
- Centreville Farmers’ Market Hosts Live Market & Sunday Brunch September 27th
- Sweet: Chestertown Farmers’ Market Comes Back to Downtown July 4
- American Legion Post 246 Offers a New Home to FarmersWagon.org
- The Eastern Shore Food Lab’s Bill Schindler Leads Oct. 3 Talbot County Talk
- Family Fun Day to Feature Hayrides, Live Music, Games and More!
- New Location and Opening of the Centreville Farmers’ Market
- Crow Vineyard and Winery Offers Winter Wine Seminar Series
- Twas the Day Before Dickens: Friday and Saturday Specials at Chester River Wine & Cheese
- Chocolate for Food Day!