In For All Seasons’ podcast and video series, Bring on the Mess!™, For All Seasons CEO Beth Anne Dorman and Chief Clinical Officer Lesa Lee, LCSW-C, discuss strategies for overcoming the “holiday blues” to make this holiday season more peaceful, joyful, and calm. Watch one session or all four to gain insights that could make a difference in how you approach your holidays this year.
Session #1: Expectations and Managing the Holiday Blues
- Why we get the holiday blues and where they come from.
- The holidays can ignite a pursuit of perfection. How to let go of unrealistic expectations.
- Ways to approach the holidays when not everyone is on the same page.
- How we can reclaim the joy of the season through connection and presence.
Session #2: When Your Kids Are Stressed During the Holiday
- How to plan ahead to help your child manage anxiety.
- Balancing busy schedules with connected family time.
- Ways to take care of yourself so you can be more present when your child is stressed
Session #3: The Introvert During the Holidays
- Setting boundaries on holiday expectations to prevent excess stress.
- How to give yourself permission to say “no” to an event.
- Ways to schedule a break for yourself can be at your best for everyone.
Session #4: Presence over Presents
- Finding appreciation for the small moments of joy the season brings us.
- How to practice mindfulness.
- Ways to find “presence” for yourself and others.