Key points for today
• Kent County cases dropped by 1 to 203.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 71,447, an increase of 586 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,160 deaths, 11 were in the last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• After dipping below 400 for the first time since March 31, the number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized in Maryland increased by 8 to 406.
• There currently are 406 people hospitalized — 267 in acute care and 139 in intensive care.
• Of the 15,119 test results received on July 8, 4.07% were positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.53%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 761,395 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 541,134 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 71,447 cases, 11,221 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,132 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.