The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
- Community levels in Dorchester, Kent, and Talbot counties are now MEDIUM. The Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Ga., recommends that people in communities with a MEDIUM community level do the following:
- Stay up-t0-date on vaccinations and boosters.
- If you are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease, consult your healthcare provider about whether you should wear a mask or take other precautions, such as testing.
- If you have COVID-like symptoms, take a test.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, have COVID-like symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID, wear a mask.
- Kent County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 14.97% and its case rate is 35.31 cases per 100,000 population.
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 1,078,122, an increase of 1,983 in the past 24 hours.
- In the past 24 hours, 12 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 14,314.
- The state’s average positivity rate is 8.54%, down 0.13 percentage points since yesterday.
- The number of patients currently hospitalized is 492, up 24 from yesterday.