Key points for today
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 47,687, an increase of 535 in the last 24 hours.
• Cases in Kent County increased by three to 158.
• Of the state’s 2,217 deaths, 30 were in the last 24 hours; another 116 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The Spy updates this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its map data throughout the day.
Congregate living facilities data is updated weekly on Wednesdays.
If county and state data conflict, county data is reported.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports the higher of the total deaths reported on the state and county websites or the total deaths in facilities. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. State totals reflect the address listed on the death certificate, which is provided by the family or the funeral home, and may not reflect the county of residence at the time the patient contracted coronavirus.
• There currently are 1,315 people hospitalized — 795 in acute care and 520 in intensive care. The number of hospitalized patients increased by 36 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 47,687 cases, 8,179 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment.
• Maryland says 3,334 patients have been released from isolation, including five in the last 24 hours.
• The state reports 206,800 negative test results, including 4,375 in the last 24 hours.
The graph below shows the statewide trends for total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths.