Pictured is the Chester River Bridge House ca. 1910, home of the author Gilbert Byron. The bridge itself was completed in 1821 in partnership between a committee of citizens from Kent and Queen Anne’s Counties. The Maryland State Roads Commission took over the bridge in 1914 and was replaced with a concrete bridge in 1929.
Please join the Historical Society of Kent County here.