Key points for today
• Kent County COVID-19 cases increased by 4 to 1,027, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.24%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 350,629, an increase of 1,880 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 39 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 6,900.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.94%, a decrease of 0.21 percentage points.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland decreased by 20 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,616 people hospitalized — 1249 in acute care and 367 in intensive care.