Key points for today
• Kent County cases increased by 1 to 224, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.3%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 79,545, an increase of 860 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,272 deaths, 20 were in the last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized in Maryland increased by 21 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 484 people hospitalized — 353 in acute care and 131 in intensive care.
• Of the 20,550 test results received on July 20, 4.79% were positive; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.49%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 979,158 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 684,822 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 79,545 cases, 11,949 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,380 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.