Key points for today
• Kent County cases remain at 305.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate remains at 0.71%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 126,222, an increase of 712 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 1 person died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 3,806.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients decreased by 8 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 323 people hospitalized — 243 in acute care and 80 in intensive care.
• Of the 30,877 test results received on Oct. 1, the positivity rate was 2.75%; the 7-day average was 2.93%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 2,660,800 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland; this number does not represent the total number of patients tested as some patients have been tested multiple times. The state reports 1,513,563 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 126,222 cases, 15,574 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 7,606 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.