The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center is offering the Maryland Master Naturalist Program this Fall 2016, September 21st – December 21st, meeting weekly on Wednesdays from 10am-3pm.
A field trip is scheduled for October 21st.
The Master Naturalist Program strives to:
- Promote awareness and appreciation of ecological resources in the State of Maryland
- Develop a network of trained volunteers to serve as catalysts for local environmental conservation through education, research and stewardship
- Provide a structured, science-based program to educate and certify citizens who maintain their lifelong learning quest as Maryland Master Naturalists
- Engage citizens in environmentally focused volunteer service within their communities
The Program Requirements include:
- 52 hours of classroom training and one 8 hour field trip Master Naturalist Training
- 40 hours of approved volunteer service within one year of completing the training
- 40 hours of approved volunteer service and 8 hours of approved advanced training, each year thereafter, to maintain Master Naturalist certification.
Watch a video about the program here.
The fee for this year’s Program is $250 and includes the Maryland Master Naturalist Volunteer Resource Manual, 52 hours of classroom training and instruction and one 8-hour field trip. Please read some background information about the program here and return the attached completed application by August, 15th if you would like to be considered for our training. An informal interview will be scheduled with you to complete the application process.
Send no money now. If accepted into the program, you will be sent a registration form and payment request.
Please Mail your completed application to:
The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center Attn: Courtney Leigh PO Box 519 Grasonville, MD 21638 or [email protected]