The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) will visibly demonstrate support for the state’s veterans this week by illuminating all of its hospitals in green. Each evening, as part of the national Operation Green Light initiative, member hospitals will literally shine the light on veterans and available resources to help them transition into civilian culture.
This is the inaugural year of Operation Green Light. Governor Hogan recently announced Maryland’s participation in the initiative, which at the state level is being led by the Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs among other state organizations. Landmark buildings throughout the state will light up in green as part of Operation Green Light – including 12 UMMShospitals and medical facilities.
“We are grateful to all of Maryland’s veterans, including those who have continued their selfless service for others as health care professionals in our System. On behalf of all our team members we thank veterans this week and beyond,” said Mohan Suntha, MD, MBA, President and CEO of UMMS.
Participating UMMS sites:
Anne Arundel County:
- UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center (301 Hospital Drive, Glen Burnie)
- University of Maryland Medical Center—Downtown Campus (22 S. Greene St)
- University of Maryland Medical Center—Midtown Campus (827 Linden Avenue)
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (2200 Kernan Drive)
- UM St. Joseph Medical Center (7601 Osler Drive, Towson)
- UM Charles Regional Medical Center (5 Garrett Avenue, La Plata)
- UM Shore Medical Center and Pavilion at Cambridge (713-715 Cambridge Marketplace Blvd., Cambridge)
- UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown (100 Brown Street, Chestertown)
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (500 Upper Chesapeake Drive, Bel Air)
- UM Harford Memorial Hospital (501 South Union Avenue, Havre de Grace)
Prince George’s County:
- UM Capital Region Medical Center (901 Harry S. Truman Drive North, Largo)
- UM Laurel Medical Center (7300 Van Dusen Road, Laurel)
- UM Shore Medical Center at Easton (219 South Washington Street, Easton)
About the University of Maryland Medical System
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is an academic private health system, focused on delivering compassionate, high quality care and putting discovery and innovation into practice at the bedside. Partnering with the University of Maryland School of Medicine and University of Maryland, Baltimore who educate the state’s future health care professionals, UMMS is an integrated network of care, delivering 25 percent of all hospital care in urban, suburban and rural communities across the state of Maryland. UMMS puts academic medicine within reach through primary and specialty care delivered at 11 hospitals, including the flagship University of Maryland Medical Center, the System’s anchor institution in downtown Baltimore, as well as through a network of University of Maryland Urgent Care centers and more than 150 other locations in 13 counties. For more information, visit www.umms.org.