The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• The level of community transmission of COVID-19 is high for Maryland and high across most of the Mid-Shore. Health officials urge everyone, including those who are fully vaccinated, to wear masks while indoors.
• Maryland’s average positivity rate topped 5% for the first time since April 22.
• Kent County’s community transmission level is high, according to the county health department.
• Kent County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 7.2% and its case rate is 19.86 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 483,641, an increase of 1,060 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, nine people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,695.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 643, up 13 from yesterday.