Editor’s Note: With COVID-19 statistics continuing to improve as more people are vaccinated, The Spy will discontinue its daily update at the end of this month. If there is a significant change in the trends, we will resume the update.
The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 1,351.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 1.43%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 461,392, an increase of 67 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 4 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,472.
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.82% (-0.04 from yesterday).
• CDC 18+ population with at least one dose : 72.2%
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 55.4% of Marylanders and 49.86% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 48.48% and 44.47% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 7 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 194 people hospitalized — 140 in acute care and 54 in intensive care.