The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 1,350.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.48%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 460,863, an increase of 126 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 4 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,442.
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.95% (-0.06 from yesterday).
• CDC 18+ population with at least one dose : 71.2%
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 54.48% of Marylanders and 49.34% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 46.55% and 43.74% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 32 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 243 people hospitalized — 177 in acute care and 66 in intensive care.