The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 1 to 1,340.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.92%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 456,765, an increase of 337 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 12 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,766.
• The state’s 7-day average is 2.19% (-0.04 from yesterday).
• CDC 18+ population with at least one dose : 66.8%
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 50.33% of Marylanders and 46.77% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 40.05% and 39.32% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit www.marylandvax.org or covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been below 5% for 26 days, below 4% for 22 days, and below 3% for nine days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 11 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 585 people hospitalized — 430 in acute care and 155 in intensive care.