The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 1,318.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 1.85%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 450,010, an increase of 501 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 7 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,612.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.82% (+0.13 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 46.16% of Marylanders and 44.91% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 32.36% and 34.82% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit www.marylandvax.org or covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity has been below 5% for 11 days and below 4% for seven days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 9 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 944 people hospitalized — 698 in acute care and 246 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.