The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 2 to 1,246.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.15%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 419,055, an increase of 867 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 15 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,192.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.8% (+0.01 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 31.29% of Marylanders and 36.65% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 17.39% and 22.64% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been above 5 percent for nine straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 39 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1204 people hospitalized — 939 in acute care and 265 in intensive care.