The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County had one additional death from COVID-19, bringing the county’s total to 43. Since Friday, cases increased by 15 to 1,244.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.61%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 418,188, an increase of 859 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 12 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,177.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.79% (-0.11 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 30.94% of Marylanders and 36.5% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 17.04% and 22.57% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been above 5 percent for seven straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 34 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,165 people hospitalized — 905 in acute care and 260 in intensive care.