The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County COVID-19 cases increased by 1 to 1,122.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 1.53%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 382,099, an increase of 827 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 13 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,687.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.46% (+0.03 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 13.94% of Marylanders and 22.67% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 7.68% and 10.78% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 17 straight days and has been below 4% for seven days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 24 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 868 people hospitalized — 628 in acute care and 240 in intensive care.
• Hospitals remained at high capacity overall yesterday, with 6,862 patients in staffed beds, slightly below the 85% capacity threshold, which was at 6,957 beds.