The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Kent County COVID-19 cases increased by 6 to 1,083.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 1.83%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 370,136, an increase of 1,159 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 32 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,356.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 4.76% (-0.11 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 10.35% of Marylanders and 19.79% of Kent County residents; second dose rates are 3.83% and 3.99% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for two consecutive days.
• The positivity rate among Maryland jurisdictions ranges between 1.83% and 9.47%.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland decreased by 33 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,192 people hospitalized — 876 in acute care and 316 in intensive care.