Key points for today
• Kent County cases increased by 1 to 205, according to the county health department.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 73,527, an increase of 418 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,194 deaths, 6 were in the last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized in Maryland decreased by 6 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 386 people hospitalized — 278 in acute care and 108 in intensive care.
• Of the 11,067 test results received on July 12, 4.61% were positive; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.63%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 818,993 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 578,430 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 73,527 cases, 11,467 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,230 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.