Key points for today
• Kent County cases remain at 204.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 72,467, an increase of 557 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,179 deaths, 7 were in the last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized in Maryland increased by 5 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 390 people hospitalized — 270 in acute care and 120 in intensive care.
• Of the 12,129 test results received on July 8, 5.35% were positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.55%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 786,786 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 556,810 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 72,467 cases, 11,353 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,190 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.