Key points for today
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is 23,472, an increase of 1,730 in the last 24 hours.
• Kent County has 86 confirmed cases, including 67 cases in nursing homes.
• Of the state’s 1,098 deaths, 51 were in the last 24 hours; another 94 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The chart below is scrollable and the columns may be sorted in ascending/descending order.
COVID-19 Statistics 5.1.2020
|Confirmed Cases||Daily Change||Percent Change||Cases within facilities||Percent cases within facilities||Cases per 100k Pop.||Total Deaths||Deaths within facilities||Percent deaths within facilities||Deaths per 100k Pop.|
Sources: State and local health departments, Johns Hopkins University.
The Spy updates this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its map data throughout the day. If county and state data conflict, county data is reported.
• There currently are 1,668 people hospitalized, a drop of 43 patients in the last 24 hours.
• Of those hospitalized, 1,100 are in acute care and 568 in intensive care.
• Of the state’s 23,472 confirmed cases, 4,718 have been hospitalized for treatment at some point.
• Maryland says 1,517 patients have been released from isolation, including 85 in the last 24 hours.
• The state reports 97,511 negative test results, including 4,894 in the last 24 hours.
• Benchmarks for the Maryland Roadmap to Recovery include a 14-day downward trajectory of COVID-19 cases, hospitalization rates (including ICU bed usage), and number of deaths.
The graphs below are from coronavirus.maryland.gov and show the trends for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.