The Kent Island High School has won an award for technology education. These three awards recognize outstanding Technology Education programs in Maryland. Award
recipients provide a total school Technology Education program that provides quality standards based instruction and success for all students. These exemplary programs integrate math and science standards while teaching about the core technologies. Programs selected for these will also receive recognition at the International Technology Education Association’s annual conference Additionally, recipients will be requested to be presenters at TEAM sponsored
professional development activities.
The categories for this award are as follows:
Elementary School Technology Education Program Award of Excellence
Middle School Technology Education Program Award of Excellence
High School Technology Education Program Award of Excellence
Minimum Qualities and Requirements:
• Uses content and strategies that address state and national standards for Technology
• Is a program that integrates mathematics, science, social studies, and
English/language arts standards in the delivery of the Technology Education program.
• Is a program that other teachers believe is worthy of being considered an outstanding
program in the State.
• Is a comprehensive program that uses strategies that foster success for every student.
• Is a program that utilizes community resources in the pursuit of quality opportunities for
• Teachers in the program must be members of TEAM. (Technology & Engineering Educators
Association of Maryland)
The Biomedical Sciences Program
The Biomedical Sciences Program is based on the National Standards for Science, Mathematics, and English Language Arts, and the Accountability Criteria for National Health Care Cluster Foundation Standards. The program consists of a sequence of four courses: Principles of the Biomedical Sciences, Human Body Systems, Medical Interventions, and Biomedical Innovation. The goal of the program is to increase the number of students pursuing careers in the biomedical sciences, including healthcare. Students who complete the program are prepared for employment and further education at two- and four-year college levels.